We have a number of questions tagged infopath on the site. When questions about this product should be allowed is a grey area. InfoPath is used to design electronic forms, however it does integrate with SharePoint. Specifically:
- InfoPath client publishes forms to SharePoint
- InfoPath Forms Services is part of the SharePoint SKUs we allow and renders forms within SharePoint
- A new feature from SharePoint 2010 is that list forms can now be designed with InfoPath
According to our FAQ:
We accept questions about the SharePoint platform
Therefore, examples of InfoPath questions that are probably on topic:
- Best way to deal with a large form to list submission
- Restrict other user to access opened web-based InfoPath form
- InfoPath forms not working when ViewFormPagesLockDown enabled
Examples that are a grey area (for me anyway):
- Can you email different sections to different people from one form created in infopath and submitted to sharepoint?
- How to constraint InfoPath form page view to certain group of users
- How do I close an InfoPath form page programmatically?
Examples that are probably off topic:
- InfoPath 2007 field that depend on other field outcome
- How to clear / reset a group of fields in a InfoPath form
- Save Web-based InfoPath form with the title as its file name
One indicator is whether the answers given explain using the SharePoint platform, or configuring/editing something in the form itself that isn't related to SharePoint. However I don't think we want to leave questions open waiting for the right SharePoint-related answer to come along!
One important point that should be made is that just because an InfoPath form is rendered in SharePoint, it doesn't mean that any questions about InfoPath should be allowed on this basis.
So, when do you think questions about InfoPath on topic?